I had this made for me back in 2009 by Adam Hernandez, luthier for Saint Guitar Company in Fresno, CA, and am now selling it because I’ve been using Les Pauls and Strats almost exclusively for the last year, and that’s not ending any time soon, so I’ve decided to let this guitar go for a fraction of what it costs new (over $3k brand new). This is a super-playable guitar with its tapered-C neck. With the pickups I had installed, combined with the coil-tapping, this guitar can go from Strat-chimey to super-high gain. The ebony fretboard keeps the tone nice and tight in the upper mid-range, so even in high gain, the note separation is maintained.
- Body: Black Walnut
- Body Top: Maple
- Neck: Rock Maple – Tapered “C” from nut to body.
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Headstock Faceplate: Koa
- Jumbo Frets
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan SH-11 Custom Custom
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB
- Gotoh 510 Tuners
- Gotoh 510 Wraparound Combination Bridge/Tailpiece
- Single Push-pull Tone and Volume controls for coil-tapping the pickups.
- Three-way pickup switch. Similar to PRS, but closer to the bridge. Very nice for switching pickups on the fly.
- Top: Goldtop
- Back: Stained, open-pore finish
- Neck: Smooth, sealed finish
PRICE: $1500 Local pickup only (Cupertino, CA)
Pictures from Start to Finish
Clean (Rhythm – both ‘buckers, solo first part – bridge/tapped, second part – bridge/untapped; Amp: Aracom VRX22)
Song – Sunset by the Bay
Features the use of the tapped ‘bucker in the neck clean, then goes gets just a bit dirty. The natural sustain is absolutely incredible!